Welcome to the Fit for Work advice service, which is now live and supporting people in work with health conditions and those who are off sick.
Some benefits of Fit for Work include:
- Helping employers to better manage sickness absence.
- Complementing the service GPs provide to patients who are off sick from work.
- Supporting employees at work, and if they’re off sick, in a way that’s right for them.
Fit for Work has two key elements:
- Free, expert and impartial work-related health advice via our website and telephone line available to all – including employers, employees and GPs.
- Referral to an occupational health professional for employees who have been off sick or who are likely to be off sick for four weeks or more.
There will be a phased roll-out of the referral service taking place over a period of months, but in the meantime, you can access expert and impartial advice delivered by our team of occupational health professionals. You can ‘chat online’ to a specialist advisor, ‘email a question’ or browse our ‘library of advice’ on various health and work topics.