The results of the new 2015/16 Jelf Employee Benefits survey were released last week, showing that many UK employers are willing to engage with Fit for Work in order to try and reduce long-term sickness absence in the UK.
45% of the employers surveyed signalled that they would be letting their employees know about the new Fit for Work service at some point over the next 12 months, and almost 7 in 10 employers surveyed said that they were referring some or all of their staff on long-term sickness absence to the service. Employers wanting to let their staff know about Fit for Work can find the Fit for Work employer toolkit online, which includes leaflets, posters and other messaging to help spread the word amongst your employees.
With interest from employers in Fit for Work increasing, we’re also holding a series of Roadshows up and down the country to help inform businesses and business-representing organisations all about Fit for Work and how they can incorporate the scheme into their company.
Managing long term sickness absence in the workplace is a very real concern for many businesses and organisations – not only is it challenging from an HR perspective, but it can also dent productivity and prove very expensive. Sickness absence is estimated to cost UK organisations up to £29 billion annually, with 131 million working days lost. And, with the increasingly older workforce, this figure looks set to rise.
Join an exclusive Fit for Work event to:
- hear recommendations on how to tackle sickness absence in the workplace
- gain valuable insights into key drivers for absence (new research)
- hear from leading experts in sickness absence
- learn how Fit for Work can help you, your employees and your members
- learn how employers have helped employees return to, and stay in, work
- ask our panel of experts questions during our interactive Q&A panel discussion session.
For information of where and when the Roadshows will be happening, and to book onto the events using our Eventbrite pages, click here.